Download our FREE smartphone app today!
As a school we welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010. The general duties are to:
- eliminate discrimination;
- advance equality of opportunity;
- foster good relations.
To help us deliver our policy and meet our duties, we are:
- Promoting equal opportunities for all;
- Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage by reducing inequalities that limit children’s life chances;
- Making sure our workforce reflects our community;
- Providing inclusive, accessible and excellent provision for all.
Our policy statement applies to all nine protected equality characteristics under the Equality Act 2010:
- gender reassignment;
- marriage and civil partnership;
- pregnancy and maternity;
- race, religion or belief;
- sex and sexual orientation.
Our equality objectives:
Click here for our Equality Policy and Objectives.
We believe that promoting Equality is the whole school's responsibility as detailed below:
The Local School Board by involving and engaging the whole school community in identifying and understanding equality barriers and in the setting of objectives to address these. Monitoring progress towards achieving equality objectives. Publishing data and publishing equality objectives.
School staff and leaders by promoting key messages to staff, parents and pupils about equality and what is expected of them and can be expected from the school in carrying out its day-to-day duties and ensuring the school’s curriculum is inclusive and promotes equality. Ensuring that all school community receives adequate training to meet the need of delivering equality, including pupil awareness. Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibility to record and report prejudice-related incidents.
The school community by taking an active part in identifying barriers within the community and supporting the school to tackle any inequalities and achieve equal opportunities for all.
Pupils by supporting the school to achieve the commitment made to tackling inequality and upholding the school’s core values and respecting one another.