Our School App Stay connected on the go...
COVID-19 key worker information
The Government has now released guidance around key workers, whose children will continue to be cared for by schools, after Monday 23 March 2020.
Please note, first and foremost, that the message is that if it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
If this is not possible, and the profession of the child’s main carer/s features on the list below, care can be provided by Valley Invicta Academies Trust at either our primary school in Aylesford or at East Borough.
- Health and social care – doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, support and specialist staff in the health and social care sector, producers and distributors of medicines and personal protective equipment.
- Education and childcare – nursery staff, teaching staff and social workers.
- Key public services – those required to run the justice system, religious staff, those managing the deceased, journalists providing public service broadcasting.
- Local and national government – administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the COVID-19 response or delivery of essential public services.
- Food and other necessary goods – those involved in the production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery of food.
- Public safety and national security – police, support staff, Ministry of Defence civilian staff, armed forces personnel, fire and rescue staff, border security staff, prison and probation staff.
- Transport – those who will keep ‘air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the COVID-19 response’.
- Utilities, communication and financial services – staff required to keep oil, gas, electricity, water and sewerage operations, those within the civil nuclear, chemical and telecommunications sectors, postal service workers and those providing essential financial services provision.
You can find full details here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision
The parents of vulnerable children are also able to keep sending their children to school. This will include those who have a social worker and those with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).
Please remember, first and foremost, that the message is that if it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
As a Trust, we are offering provision for students/pupils in the Tonbridge and Malling area at Valley Invicta Primary School at Aylesford from 8.30am – 3.30pm and for those students/pupils in the Maidstone/Ashford area at Valley Invicta Primary School at East Borough from 8.30am – 3.30pm, to those who have informed us they require this service and support. This will be for both primary and secondary students/pupils. These children should bring a packed lunch and wear their uniform. Work will be provided by each child’s respective school and supervised by a rotation of staff.